Ph.D. in Computer Science, Queensland University of Technology, Australia (09/2013 — 02/2017)
- Research Interest: Signal Processing, Image Processing, Bioacoustics, Machine learning.
- Dissertation: “Acoustic classification of Australian frogs for ecosystem surveys”
- Advisors: Dr. Jinglan Zhang, Prof. Paul Roe, Dr. Michael Towsey, Prof. Vinod Chandran
M.A., Circuits and System, Shanghai University, China (09/2010 — 07/2013)
- Specialization in Video Processing
B.A., Telecommunication Engineering, Shanghai University, China (09/2005 — 07/2009)
Technical and personal skills
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Matlab, R, Python.
- Industry Software Skills: Matlab (Advanced), Github (Advanced), LaTex (Advanced), Tensorflow (Intermediate), and Most MS Office products.
- General Skills: Good presentation skills, Works well in a team
- Quick Learner: After changing from video processing in Master study to audio processing during my Ph.D. time, I quickly fit in this new research area. All knowledge learned from my master time is well used for my Ph.D. project.
- Diligent and Independent: I have been prolific in writing papers in my Ph.D. time, which can be well reflected by my publication list. Meanwhile, I am now capable of working independently including writing and publishing papers.
- Highly Motivated: During my Ph.D. study, I have been proactive in not only publishing papers but also seeking external funding. In 2015, I successfully received a grant from Wet Tropic Management Authority to support my research.
- Reviewer of PeerJ, SPLINE 2016.
- Technical program committee of CIIS 2017.