- 04/2017– Present, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Research Interest: Driving behavior analysis.
- Advisor: Prof. Dana Kulić.
- 09/2013 — 02/2017, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Research Interest: Signal Processing, Image Processing, Bioacoustics, Machine learning.
- Dissertation: “Acoustic classification of Australian frogs for ecosystem surveys”.
- Advisors: Dr. Jinglan Zhang, Prof. Paul Roe, Dr. Michael Towsey, Prof. Vinod Chandran.
- 09/2010 — 07/2013, M.A., Circuits and System, Shanghai University, China
- Specialization in Video Processing.
- 09/2005 — 07/2009, B.A., Telecommunication Engineering, Shanghai University, China
Technical and Personal Skills
- Programming Languages: Matlab, R, Python, C, C++, C#.
- Industry Software Skills: Matlab (Advanced), Github (Advanced), LaTex (Advanced), Tensorflow (Intermediate), and Most MS Office products.
- General Skills: Good presentation skill, works well in a team.
- Quick Learner: After changing from video processing in Master study to audio processing during my Ph.D. time, I quickly fit in this new research area. All knowledge learned from my master time is well used for my Ph.D. project.
- Diligent and Independent: I have been prolific in writing papers in my Ph.D. time, which can be well reflected by my publication list. Meanwhile, I am now capable of working independently including writing and publishing papers.
- Highly Motivated: During my Ph.D. study, I have been proactive in not only publishing papers but also seeking external funding. In 2015, I successfully received a grant from the Wet Tropic Management Authority to support my research.
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Journal of Herpetology, PeerJ, Applied Acoustics, European Journal of Remote Sensing, SPLINE 2016, IEEE SMC 2018, ICCCAS 2018
- Technical Program Committee
- CIIS 2017
- ICCCAS 2018